What's new

Change top pen button?

phantasm89

Hi, I have 2 questions, first I had to uninstall word from my surface 3 and reinstalled it from the microsoft website and I try to use the top button on my pen to go to onenote but it goes to the default one that I uninstalled and not the one i reinstalled. How can I change the top button of my pen to the new version of onenote?
Questions 2, I have the Drawboard pdf for surface preinstalled on my device and when I go into it, the loading screen stays on when I am trying to open a pdf and does not open the file. Is there a way I can uninstall it and reinstall the Drawboard pdf reader without paying for it in the microsoft store?
Thanks

To change the default Onenote that opens you go to the "Surface" app that you should be able to find on your device. There are a number of settings that you can change including which Onenote opens when you hit the top button.

I see that I can no longer change what the default version of OneNote is in the Surface "app" what changes certain Surface settings. This option is gone. Only pressure sensitivity is still there.

Maybe there is an issue in Windows 10 so they took this option out for the time being. Anyone know?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I know the Surface Team is investigating if they will be able to launch the Desktop Version again, it is in the hands of the Windows Application Security Team.

inmnbob

How could Microsoft miss this.? Absolutely crazy and inexcusable to have your own product not work with windows 10. I used that feature all the time and purchased the surface 3 for the pen and Onenote integration and button.

inmnbob

I am surprised more of you aren't upset with this loss of functionality. Don't you use the pen top and OneNote?

MorrisonDS

I noticed the same thing after upgrading to Win10.

But it's really more of an irritation than a major problem: when I double-click my pen top, the "free" OneNote opens, but from there I can still store the ScreenCap wherever I want -- I have both OneNote and OneNote 2013 open to the same Notebooks, so I just save the pic to the correct Notebook page, close out, and go on with my life. When I actually use OneNote, I always select the 2013 version, and the ScreenCap is right where I left it

Gus

I am surprised more of you aren't upset with this loss of functionality. Don't you use the pen top and OneNote?
I hate that loss of functionality. My pen top takes me to the login screen now, not one note. when I am logged in, it takes me to one note. I miss the swipe down quick access to the camera app too. I wish MS would have put more thought into this win10/surface thing. The upgrade ripped us off.