What's new

charger broken

OP
margas

margas

Online, either through Amazon (usually 3rd Party) or through the Microsoft Store
through the Microsoft Store is unavailable, and through amazon only 3rd party. I've bought this, I hope it works
51JWACjtXCL.jpg

DannyG

It's less than 1 year old so should still be under warranty with MS, shouldn't it? Mine stopped working after 3 months - the light was on the charger when plugged in but SP4 didn't recognise it. I tried it with another charger and that worked so phoned MS and explained - they sent out a free replacement and just asked me to dispose of my old charger responsibly. Took 4 days to arrive (I'm in UK, think parcel arrived from Belgium).

As I was working on something at the time it broke, I did order a 3rd party charger through Amazon on next day delivery. Although it got me through, it wasn't very good. I render videos and while rendering, the 3rd party PSU wasn't powerful enough and I'd often lose charge until the rendering was complete.

OP
margas

margas

It's less than 1 year old so should still be under warranty with MS, shouldn't it? Mine stopped working after 3 months - the light was on the charger when plugged in but SP4 didn't recognise it. I tried it with another charger and that worked so phoned MS and explained - they sent out a free replacement and just asked me to dispose of my old charger responsibly. Took 4 days to arrive (I'm in UK, think parcel arrived from Belgium).

As I was working on something at the time it broke, I did order a 3rd party charger through Amazon on next day delivery. Although it got me through, it wasn't very good. I render videos and while rendering, the 3rd party PSU wasn't powerful enough and I'd often lose charge until the rendering was complete.

I bought it a month ago, but I broke it. He engaged magnetically to my door and when I closed it was crushed, so I think no warranty :(
Do you know if I can use the usb port of the charger to charge the surface while I wait for the new one?
sorry for my bad english

DannyG

You could still use the USB port of the charger to charge a phone or tablet but not the Surface, as far as I'm aware.

You could always try a phone call to MS just to see if they'll do the same as they did for me - replace your broken charger with a new one without wanting the old one back. If you tell them it's no longer charging but you've tried another charger and that works, they may well just replace it anyway and it's not like you'd be lying... unless they asked why it suddenly stopped working ;)

OP
margas

margas

You could always try a phone call to MS just to see if they'll do the same as they did for me - replace your broken charger with a new one without wanting the old one back. If you tell them it's no longer charging but you've tried another charger and that works, they may well just replace it anyway and it's not like you'd be lying... unless they asked why it suddenly stopped working ;)

good idea :D
the problem is that I'm from italy, I don't know if italian support can replace it, but I can try :)
thank you very much