What's new

charging cable with a usb on the other end?

Nicola

How many times can this battery pack fully charge the surface pro 3?
I don't know, it doesn't even clearly say how much energy it can hold...
I imagine it can deliver 20000mAh at 5V, so it might have 100.000 mWh. Considering the SP3 has a 44.000 mWh battery, it should be easily more than 1 time.

TBH, I would not trust some battery where they don't even advertise the capacity...

seyclone

Nicola,
Just to refresh your memory, here is the opening statement in this string.

Has anyone found a charging cable that has a USB on the other end? I have a portable charger with USB ports only and I'm looking all over, haven't found anything yet.

It seems that is exactly what was being discussed here. No matter how many opinions are expressed and how "wonderful" it would be if such a device could be found/created, it can't be done.

Nicola

Nicola,
Just to refresh your memory, here is the opening statement in this string.

It seems that is exactly what was being discussed here. No matter how many opinions are expressed and how "wonderful" it would be if such a device could be found/created, it can't be done.
I mean, last question/replies were about a battery which is actually able to charge the SP3. Just check 2 posts above yours

JoshB

The Surface Pro 3 is not an iPad, or any other run of the mill tablet. You can't charge it off of USB, @sere. It requires too much power, so you have to use wall outlet.

Compusmurf

The Anker Battery pack will out put 5, 12, 16, 19V DC and you can buy the adapter cable for the SP3 to charge with. You have to be very careful on your voltage and polarity of the cable. considering the one in the amazon link is only 20,000 mah, I'm unsure of the mah rating of the sp3 battery, I doubt you're going to get more than a few charges from it. Be very careful of course, not to choose the wrong voltage, plug your cable into any other device, etc.

Correction. That anker battery supposedly will NOT work. Others have said it does NOT put out enough amperage. Seems the magic number is 2.15A at 12V.

Battery pack: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B45EOYS/
Cable: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PBGVQQU/

I don't personally use the above combo. I have a different "big battery" that does 5v and 12v and I made my OWN cable to I know it's wired right that I use on occasion. I could get 2 charges out of it but not while powered ON. I'd always do the recharge cycle with the devices OFF. I have a solar charger for the big battery, but that honestly takes forever to charge it with. LOL

Last edited:

seyclone

I mean, last question/replies were about a battery which is actually able to charge the SP3. Just check 2 posts above yours

Right! But isn't it about time we drove a stake thru the heart of this entry and, instead of highjacking it for an almost totally different topic, just start a new string. There are too many folks that don't read the entire string and just dump out their opinions about the last piece of (mis)information. You know what they say about opinions :)