What's new

Charging LED Indicator on My Month-old Surface RT Power Supply Died

rogerj

Seems a bit soon for a simple component like an LED to die.

Surface RT still charges, however.

--rj

leeshor

Most hardware failures either happen very early in the cycle or after lots of use. One of those things, stuff happens.

bosamar

Most hardware failures either happen very early in the cycle or after lots of use. One of those things, stuff happens.
That's why I'm not a fan of extended warranties. If it's gonna die it usually does so within the initial warranty period. Of course warranties that cover accidents are an entirely different matter.

ArnoldC

That's why I'm not a fan of extended warranties. If it's gonna die it usually does so within the initial warranty period. Of course warranties that cover accidents are an entirely different matter.

Three of our HP notebooks died within a week of warranty expiration. Dealing with support was a nightmare, considering it is local. That's why we shited to Acer, they provide very good support.

ArnoldC

Company PCs take a lot of abuse. Different users, different habits all affects their lifespan. Those company PCs REQUIRE a warranty.

Those HP machines were babied by the female trainers. The ThinkPads, pre-Lenovo, those were abused. We buried them and still works. :)