What's new

cheap 128GB mSD cards on ebay

kundas1

Hey would like to know if anyone bought a LIGITIMATE working 128GB micro SD card on Ebay for cheap like I see many going from $18 to $38... was wondering if anyone of you bought any? And can anyone recommend a seller that you had a good experience with? Thanks

leeshor

I wouldn't go near that. The old saying if it's too good to be true probably applies here.

OP
kundas1

kundas1

Well that's good advice and I'm not denying that , BUT I have bought things from EBay for really cheap and they have turned out legit... it's just a matter of weeding out the bad ones from the good ones... which is why I'm asking for peeps opinion and/or experiences

dleuen

I know my SP1 was picky about micro sd cards. Haven't tried one in my SP3 yet but I wouldn't trust something I couldn't easily return.

medfrequency

I got gipped so don't do it. My seller was from Canada.
I looked it up and you can buy bulk SD cards from China but they're corrupted (1/4 cap). So I would so no bro

mennogreg

Head for ze hills. Considering only one or two companies actually manufacture consumer-grade 128GB microSD cards, and that they always go for ~$100; if they were available much cheaper (such as $18 to $38), a bunch of companies like Kingston or PNY would be releasing them at that price. That they aren't even out there precludes production costs are viewed to be too high vs. demand, which is why SanDisk version of the 128GB microSD is the only one usually found at retailers.

I wouldn't risk it.

spacedogg

Definitely never again. I got ripped off by a "reputable" Ebayer. Turned out his "32gb" microSD cards were just rebadged 1gb microSD cards. I complained... he obviously knew they were bad... because I had ordered 3 of them... and they were all bad. He refunded my money... but I still lost money sending back the cards and the time and hassle dealing with all that.

This is one of those things where you should buy at a reputable store. Go for sales from Staples/Costco/Best Buy/etc. Preferably a box store so you can go return if you have problems with them. Do NOT trust EBay. If it is cheap... it is cheap for a reason. If you cannot afford a SanDisk 128gb at the stores... then just don't buy it. Plain and simple. Just get a 32gb or 64gb that you can afford. You do not want the hassle. Worst possible outcome... you save a file on the drive and it becomes all corrupted.

OP
kundas1

kundas1

first off they don't sell any 128GB cards here in cananda secondly it's NOT that I cannot afford to buy them, I's just I can't justify paying the prices on the cards when there is no fabrication difference between a 64GB and a 128GB yet they sell the 128GB at a ridiculous inflated prices! I guess I will have to wait till the prices drop a bit to a more reasonable price...

guymalloc

I have two Sandisk 128gb microsd cards, both class 10, the first one I bought had issues corrupting files written to it. Bought the second one to replace it, and issues disappeared. Apparently even cards from the same manufacturer can work differently.

medfrequency

A seller on eBay from Canada. Just trying to make a point that it can be anyone because you can buy the SD cards in bulk from a bogus company

leeshor

SanDisk has had some QC issues in the last year +. They had some faulty 32GB cards a little over a year ago, but it can happen to any manufacturer.