What's new

Check your Windows Store for 8.1

mdfire

Yes downloading now! and the official facebook app is there too

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

kristalsoldier

Ummm...while the Store on my desktop machine shows the update, my RT does not...yet!!!!!

Edit: Oops! Spoke too soon. It is there! Will be downloading later in the day!

OP
Endorsay

Endorsay

I wonder how fast people will update to 8.1... Maybe fast since it is free and advertised big in the Store...

CrippsCorner

Wow, really, I thought this would come out tomorrow over here. Looking forward to getting home now... (12:42 here)

adambravo

All right, I give up--where is it? I see the new Facebook app (which I can't download yet because I don't have 8.1) but can't find 8.1...

mitchellvii

I'm lost. My Metro Windows Store shows nothing and when I click a link to the store from Microsoft's website I get a 401: Forbidden error. I guess servers are jammed.

Screenshot (1).png

Last edited:

mitchellvii

I wonder how fast people will update to 8.1... Maybe fast since it is free and advertised big in the Store...

Add Start8 to Windows 8.1 and it isn't half bad. I sure hope they fixed the back swipe lag in Internet Explorer. That should definitely cache prior pages better. Also would be awesome if they added swipe navigation to desktop IE (have no idea why they left that out the first time???). Also would be nice if they give us an option for the screen keyboard to pop up automatically on desktop if we don't have our keyboards attached like it does in Metro. Again, no idea why that was disabled in 8.0.

Knowing Microsoft, I don't expect any of these really obvious problems to be addressed while they will have addressed something obscure that I never use in great detail.

Last edited:

mdfire

Ive installed 8.1 RT but just noticing that neither my touch or type covers are now working. I had the OEM version installed and no problems. With the firmware update yesterday my touch cover wouldn't work but the type did. Now neither of them are working. Anyone else getting this?

mitchellvii

Ive installed 8.1 RT but just noticing that neither my touch or type covers are now working. I had the OEM version installed and no problems. With the firmware update yesterday my touch cover wouldn't work but the type did. Now neither of them are working. Anyone else getting this?

My guess is that this is due to this being an update from Microsoft :)

capdad

I have the preview installed and I cannot find the RT 8.1 I do not see it in the Windows store. Really weird. Might have to restore to factory before I see it??