What's new

chrome behaviour in surface pro4 -- poor resposnse

nssurface

Hi

I bought surface PRO 4 a week back and installed chrome but it's behaviour is very weird. It opens window after 15 minutes . Tried uninstalling and installing again but observed same behaviour. Please let me know how to solve the issue?

Thanks,
Sunil Kumar Noothi

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
This isn't pie in your face at all - but Google Chrome works flawlessly on my Surface Pro 4. I do have 8 Gbs of RAM and from my experience Google Chrome sometimes uses a lot of RAM. I also reccomend using the 64-Bit version of Chrome if you aren't already. (Chrome for Desktop)

Another thing you might want to try, (if you haven't already) is use a Software removal tool. (Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems) - This will remove some of the "leftovers" that previous installations of Chrome might leave behind, allowing for a clean installation of the 64-Bit version. Another thing, perhaps making Chrome your Default Web Browser might help. Please let me know if any of this clears up your issues. I would be lost without my Chrome since I sync it with my phones / other PC's.