What's new

Chrome + Touch Screen: bad news

roteixeira

Hey guys, me again.

So, since I've bought Surface Pro I just can't use Google Chrome when on "tablet" mode. Touch Screen gets all fuzzy, really messy.

If I touch something Chrome will respond as if I have click like two inches above. When I do the same thing on Internet Explorer, it work like a charm.

No, I haven't re-installed Chrome because I want to know first if it is a common issue or if it is a rare fact. If so, I'm contacting MS support so they can navigate on my computer and study it. Since Chrome is the most used browser nowadays, I think it might be useful to study this bug to prevent it when they try to attack the main public.

Actually I'm having better luck with chrome in Windows 8 mode than with IE. There are certain things that are annoying but for some reason I'm just not getting good flash performance on some sites with IE that work just fine with Chrome in Win 8 mode. I'm not seeing any of the issues which you describe. IE really only works for me in desktop mode. I'm really glad I didn't get an RT.

kristalsoldier

Actually I'm having better luck with chrome in Windows 8 mode than with IE. There are certain things that are annoying but for some reason I'm just not getting good flash performance on some sites with IE that work just fine with Chrome in Win 8 mode. I'm not seeing any of the issues which you describe. IE really only works for me in desktop mode. I'm really glad I didn't get an RT.

For a variety of reasons, I am glad I did not get the Pro. That said, I also have no issues with IE10 on the RT - either in desktop mode or in the Modern UI space. You may want to check some of the add-on restrictions (accessing them through the desktop version).

Buelligan

The Google & Microsoft lifestyle: a match made in hell | Windows Phone Central

The link above may give some insight to this issue. There is a current "battle" if you will. Unfortunatly we, the end users, are the casualties. MS and GOOGLE are not playing well together. Microsoft will create "APPS" to work with Google services and and MS gets "scroogled" when they change the APIs on them, cutting off access from any windows devices! Google refuses to work toward any solutions to any issues pertaining to Windows devices. So I wouldn't expect it to get any better any time soon. Despite MS playing nice and allowing access to all their services from any device, the *&^holes at Google make it difficult to allow its users to access their services from anything other than their devices! For being "open source" minded they sure are closing their minds to users needs!

As far as using Chrome, I have ZERO issues with IE10 in either mode. Works great everyday! So I would give it another try maybe? Also look through the comments on that article, seems to me, many who jumped ship from Google services are never looking back and are enjoying the new MS ecosystem.