What's new

Civilization 5

joga

hi, did anyone play civilization 5 with the touch update on the Surface Pro? If yes, can you share your impressions?
Cant find Civ5 on the app store. Where did you buy it?

bosamar

The iPad version was CivRev (Civilization Revolution). I had it on my iPad and enjoyed it very much. Somehow I doubt it's coming to RT any time soon.

OP
J

joga

I doubt it too. I like to buy it when i get my Surface Pro (if and when the Pro will be released in germany).

The store has only the Xbox Version of Civilization Revolution.
Civilization V is available on Steam. Is this Version support touch too?

Mercadier

hi, did anyone play civilization 5 with the touch update on the Surface Pro? If yes, can you share your impressions?
Cant find Civ5 on the app store. Where did you buy it?

I had no difficulty installing Civ 5 on my Surface Pro via the steam store. However for BIZARRE reasons unknown the "optimized for Windows 8" doesn't register touches (mouse works fine) whereas normal DirectX 11 does register touches. I'll try and keep this thread updated with if/when I get it working.

It will work. You have to change the display scaling to 100% in order to get the touch to register. Once you do that, it will run full screen and work. I haven't finished a game yet, but maybe I'll do that now.

Mercadier

It will work. You have to change the display scaling to 100% in order to get the touch to register. Once you do that, it will run full screen and work. I haven't finished a game yet, but maybe I'll do that now.

I *knew* I was doing something silly. That absolutely solved it. Thanks Grape!

rawknrollbandit

You can also look for the .exe of any game that has scaling problems and disable them in the Compatibility settings. If you do this, you can leave the normal scaling to 150% while in Windows, but the games will default to 100% when launched.

Danja91

You can also look for the .exe of any game that has scaling problems and disable them in the Compatibility settings. If you do this, you can leave the normal scaling to 150% while in Windows, but the games will default to 100% when launched.

I tried that but it made the game launch in windowed mode and I couldn't get it to go full screen. I guess I have to wait for a patch.

lostlogik

Do you mean initially, as I've got display scaling at 150% and Civ5 runs on touch in full screen ok.

M17x

How do i move my unit in C5 using surface pro? i keep touching and touching and it wont move, just able to select unit.
Please help..

lostlogik

If you can select it, such that the light shines on it, either drag it to the location or tap where you want it to go.