What's new

Clicking from speakers

Nicola

Hi,

I haven't seen another thread like this, so I start mine.

My problem is easy to describe: very often I hear some clicking noise coming from the speaker of my SP3 (not from headphones).
This is not really consistent but it is becoming very annoying, especially when I'm in a silent environment.

Did anybody else encounter this issue? Did anybody found a solution/reason/workaround?

Thanks
Nicola

spinachpie

Sorry to reply to an old thread but this has been happening with mine as well for the past week or so. Totally random but annoying.

Anyone else experience this?

OP
N

Nicola

MS are saying that it the speaker drivers are not properly aligned and I will have to do a refresh. Let's see.
Any news?
BTW, I already refreshed mine twice (problems with the keyboard) and the clicking never went away.
Besides, also problem with keyboard were never solved by a refresh. It was only an annoying waste of time.

spinachpie

Mine has steadily become worse over the past week or so. Started around once every few days. At the moment it's once or twice a day.

smar

I managed to resolve mine by uninstalling the Realtek driver (selecting delete driver option). Once rebooted, it automatically installed the HD Audio driver instead of the Realtek one. This seems to have resolved the clicking issue.