What's new

Color Accuracy?

Nitemare

Hey guys, been enjoying my SP2 but I am kind of concerned with the colors. I compared it to my Catleap monitor which is IPS, and a Yoga 2 Pro (while I had it). The colors on both of those devices seemed to match nearly perfect, but the SP2 seemed washed out... Take a look:

IMG_20131024_225340.jpg

IMG_20131024_225405.jpg

IMG_20131024_225352.jpg

IMG_20131024_225148.jpg

IMG_20131022_234622.jpg

Ruffles

Maybe the issue with your tablet is brightness? With my SP1, the color was WAY off before I calibrated it. With they SP2, it's much more accurate. I had to do a real double take to ensure that my profile was loaded and actually working. I'm very happy with the screen.

CrippsCorner

Very happy with my original Surface Pro screen... in fact it's really pointed out how pathetic my Samsung monitor is! Can't wait to change it now.

OP
N

Nitemare

Maybe the issue with your tablet is brightness? With my SP1, the color was WAY off before I calibrated it. With they SP2, it's much more accurate. I had to do a real double take to ensure that my profile was loaded and actually working. I'm very happy with the screen.

These were all done at full brightness. Lowering the brightness sort of helps - but not really. I think the screen is beautiful, don't get me wrong. I just wonder if some colors are not calibrated properly.