What's new

Coloured Surface Pens

p3ntyne

I noticed on Microsoft's blog that the Surface pens would be available in new colours and presumably, they'll work on the Surface Pro 3. Is anyone thinking of buying one for their Pro? I really like the look of the blue one.

Spider

Super Moderator
Staff member
I noticed on Microsoft's blog that the Surface pens would be available in new colours and presumably, they'll work on the Surface Pro 3. Is anyone thinking of buying one for their Pro? I really like the look of the blue one.

"Those who want to use a pen with the Surface 3 can use the existing Surface Pro 3 pen. Or they can purchase new pens, available starting May 5, in four colors: silver, blue, black and red, that cost $50 each." By Mary Jo Foley for All About Microsoft

Since it says you can use your existing pen on the Surface 3, I'd assume you can use the Surface 3 pen on your Surface Pro 3.

OP
P

p3ntyne

"Those who want to use a pen with the Surface 3 can use the existing Surface Pro 3 pen. Or they can purchase new pens, available starting May 5, in four colors: silver, blue, black and red, that cost $50 each." By Mary Jo Foley for All About Microsoft

Since it says you can use your existing pen on the Surface 3, I'd assume you can use the Surface 3 pen on your Surface Pro 3.
Yeah I know that. I'm just wondering if anyone's thinking of buying a new pen, perhaps to match their type cover (of the Pro).

OP
P

p3ntyne

Man, your life must really be complete when the color of pen you use actually matters. :)

Every one must have a complete life then. Pretty much everything has different options and people pick them for a reason; the type cover for example, which is available with 6 different colours.

But anyway, having a complete life is a good thing, right?

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Every one must have a complete then. Pretty much everything has different options and people pick them for a reason; the type cover for example, which is available with 6 different colours.

But anyway, having a complete life is a good thing, right?
He he, such a positive response... living the good life. :)
I probably woulda made a snarky comeback about how bad his life must be... or some such :D

ptrkhh

I dont know about you, but the colored pens look cheap to me. Theres no two-tone accents that enhances the look of the pen. The original silver one has darker gray in some parts (the upper and lower part) and it makes the pen looks so technologically advanced and expensive.

Last edited:

malberttoo

I'll definitely get a colored one. Red or Blue, not sure which. The red would really set off my purple TypeCover. :D

OP
P

p3ntyne

I dont know about you, but the colored pens look cheap to me. Theres no two-tone accents that make the pen l. The original silver one has darker gray in some parts (the upper and lower part) and it makes the pen looks so technologically advanced and expensive.
Well, I think quite the opposite, especially with the blue pen. The purple button on the original pen doesn't match any other part of the surface, unless you get the purple type cover.