What's new

Command for Disabling Touchpad?

null4end

Strange, did you take all the updates this week?

Attachments

• Touchpad.png
    Touchpad.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 500

null4end

I just got a new I7 did all the updates, and don't have that option either.

Any guesses?

I just had to reset my PC during some troubleshooting with Microsoft and I lost the option... I'm not sure what is different other than installing the latest update along with a bunch of other stuff through MS Update. It is pretty frustrating when things don't behave in a deterministic fashion though...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just had to reset my PC during some troubleshooting with Microsoft and I lost the option... I'm not sure what is different other than installing the latest update along with a bunch of other stuff through MS Update. It is pretty frustrating when things don't behave in a deterministic fashion though...
I'm wondering if what's on the recovery partition is actually the same build that was factory installed.
I made an image before refreshing, I'm thinking I'll restore that. Maybe I should make an image of it now and compare them...

Len J

I wonder if the option only enables w a USB mouse as opposed to a Bluetooth mouse.

Len J

I thought the same but I tried both and neither worked after the refresh of my device.

Did you check for updates after the refresh?

Weird. I got the machine Saturday, and immediately did 44 updates & never had that capability.

Len

Bandito

Two things could be causing this feature to be missing from your Surface Pros: one, the necessary update failed to install or, two, this particular feature was amongst the updates that Microsoft pulled because they were causing problems.

For the first issue, check your update history to make sure that it was a successful install. If it turns out to be caused by the second issue, then you'll just have to wait until Microsoft gets around to re-releasing the update.