What's new

Commodore 64 emulator out!

bkammerer

Hey guys,
Just found this in the app store, it is called Frodo. I just d/l it so I haven't tried any roms yet. It doesn't support the type/touch keyboard yet, you have to tap the upper part of the screen to bring up a virtual keyboard to type with. If you go to settings and then help it will take you to a vid of the developer running the program. He does say that he is working on getting the native keyboards running. Could be pretty cool after a couple of updates.

Clot

Thanks for the heads-up!

Edit: Just tried with a few games and it works. Definitely would be great if there was USB Xbox controller support, I hope it keeps evolving.

Last edited:

R0bR

Is there a trick to get the ROMs to work? I got to mount the disk and navigate to the path where the ROM is but it doesn't see it. I tried both a .tap and T64 ROM.

OP
B

bkammerer

I got the ROMs [Edit] these are .d64 ROMs and worked fine. The only problem I am having is that I can't figure out how to get games that are more than one disk to work. I really want to play Wasteland, Pirates, and Maniac Mansion but they all have a disk A, disk B file and I cannot figure out why these will not work. If anyone has gotten any of the multi-disk games to work please let me know how.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

bkammerer

If you open the charm bar and go to settings and then tap help, you will be taken to a page with some basic instructions and a web page where you can d/l .d64 ROMs.