What's new

Congratulations to MS hardware support

kalhimeo

Hi there,

Many people complain when their experience with tech support is a disaster, but this time MS really deserves a big thumbs up !

I bought my SP3 a month ago in the US, and brought it back to Belgium where I live.
After a few days of use, I noticed that there was a problem with the vibration which is supposed to occur when pressing the Windows button. The vibrator element seemed somehow detached from its spot and I could hear it moving when shaking the tablet.

So I called the MS support with a bit of anxiety since I purchased my unit abroad... The employee who answered the call explained me in a perfect French that this was not a problem for the warranty and that my unit would be replaced.
I received an UPS label by email and my device got picked up on Monday. Amazingly on Thursday, only 3 days later, UPS was back with a new tablet !

I had previous experiences with tech supports from Samsung and Sony (both for laptops under warranty), and those were really terrible : very long repair time (like 1 month), unit coming back unfixed, employees who barely speak my language and just read a script with no care about your problem...

This Surface Pro 3 is my first Microsoft product and I am really impressed, not only by their support, but also by the finish of the product. That sounds promising for the future !

Regards,
Laurent

Last edited:

bluegrass

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your Microsoft support experience. I'm not very knowledgeable about Belgium? Do they speak French in Belgium.

RémiM

Do they speak French in Belgium.

It has 3 official languages: dutch, german and french.

Belgium is a beautiful country, with very nice and welcoming people, Bruxelles is the "capital" of Europe and Brugges the capital of chocolate.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It has 3 official languages: dutch, german and french.

Belgium is a beautiful country, with very nice and welcoming people, Bruxelles is the "capital" of Europe and Brugges the capital of chocolate.
Does that mean punishment in Belgium is death by chocolate? :D

OP
kalhimeo

kalhimeo

Definitely a good day for you to purchase a lottery ticket... :D

Well, I don't know if I was lucky or if this is just the way the PRO support is :)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your Microsoft support experience. I'm not very knowledgeable about Belgium? Do they speak French in Belgium.

As said by Rénim, we have 3 national languages. French and Flemish are the 2 most spoken within the country.

And yes, do not hesitate to visit us, on the top of chocolate and EU capital, we also have very good beers to make you enjoy your stay ;-)

nilsk123

Hi there,

Many people complain when their experience with tech support is a disaster, but this time MS really deserves a big thumbs up !

I bought my SP3 a month ago in the US, and brought it back to Belgium where I live.
After a few days of use, I noticed that there was a problem with the vibration which is supposed to occur when pressing the Windows button. The vibrator element seemed somehow detached from its spot and I could hear it moving when shaking the tablet.

So I called the MS support with a bit of anxiety since I purchased my unit abroad... The employee who answered the call explained me in a perfect French that this was not a problem for the warranty and that my unit would be replaced.
I received an UPS label by email and my device got picked up on Monday. Amazingly on Thursday, only 3 days later, UPS was back with a new tablet !

I had previous experiences with tech supports from Samsung and Sony (both for laptops under warranty), and those were really terrible : very long repair time (like 1 month), unit coming back unfixed, employees who barely speak my language and just read a script with no care about your problem...

This Surface Pro 3 is my first Microsoft product and I am really impressed, not only by their support, but also by the finish of the product. That sounds promising for the future !

Regards,
Laurent

Dont wanna be a pain, but i'm assuming your 'new' surface came in a brown cardboard box? Thats standard procedure for MS, and it means its not new but refurbished. So for your brand new device you got a repaired 2nd hand one back.

My experience is somewhat similar. When my 2nd surface decided not to boot anymore from one day to the next, i called microsoft and they sent me a UPS label. UPS picked it up the same day (monday) and it was due for delivery on wednesday in ichtershausen, germany, which is quite a long way from where i live (netherlands). I followed it using UPS tracking, on wednesday it set 'on vehicle for delivery', but by the end of the day it said 'the receiver has requested we deliver this packet on another day'. I called microsoft and ups, both said they didnt know why that happened but it would be delivered on thursday. Thursday morning it said on vehicle again, but some time in the afternoon it once again changed to 'the receiver has requested etc. etc.'. meanwhile, i'm waiting of my computer to come back, unable to do any real work.

So again, I call UPS and Microsoft, and they start pointing fingers at eachother. I opened a support ticket for both and eventualy it turns out microsofts service facilities or closed on wednesdays and thursdays, which is why it couldnt be delivered. What the hell?

Anyway, on friday it was indeed delivered, and my refurb replacement was shipped to me on the next monday, and was delivered on tuesday. So far it seems to work ok.

OP
kalhimeo

kalhimeo

It's sad to read that you didn't get such a good experience. For info my device was delivered faster to MS, the next day after pickup. That may be the reason why I did not suffer from any closure days (or maybe you shipped yours over new year's eve ?)

I was indeed informed by the girl from support that the new unit could be a refurbished one, and actually it could well be since it came in a brown box as you describe, but to be honest I don't care at all.

The new device works perfectly and has no sign of usage :)