What's new

Connecting to Beamer via PC

NikiS

Hey,

I am currently looking into buying a surface to teach with in my math class. I really like how it is a good alternative to a classic whitboard and since all my classrooms at school have projectors, I would really like to teach with it.

The problem ist, that our projectors are quite old (No Wifi option) and they are connected with a VGA to the PC (Windows 7 at the moment, but upgrading to Windows 10 in summer) that stands in every classroom. This is the only possibility to connect to the beamer, but due to the setup in our classroom (so that the kids don't do anything with the cables) you aren't able to remove the VGA cable.
So I am looking for a solution where I could connect the surface to the PC , which is connected to the beamer and project my surface desktop to the beamer.
The next problem ist that due to the school set up, I cannot install anything at the PC. I don't have the rights to do so.

Is there anything I could do?

Thanks for the help.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If the desktop in the classroom is on WiFi and is upgraded to Windows 10 you can use the buiilt-in Connect App which turns the desktop into a Wireless Monitor...