What's new

Cool Comparison to Today's Business Form Factors

BennyDBowser

GDGT put together a nice little comparison of the Surface Pro and our current business machines (T520, 3 Apple machines). I have a T520 and would like the Pro to replace it. Looks like it may be possible:

Compare laptops / portables - gdgt

My only fear is when I get into large spread sheets and begin to use power pivot on the pro...thoughts?

J515OP

Super Moderator
It's a Core i5 with 4GB of RAM and an SSD. Not sure what you are looking for in terms of horsepower but if you are concerned that won't handle what you need, you need to not be looking at tablets or ultrabooks and instead focus on high end customizable laptops or desktops.

What are you currently using to work with these spreadsheets?

JP

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I run massive pivots in Excel, my last Tablet was Sandybridge Samsung Series 7 running an i5 and 4GB of RAM, the Pro should do fine.

OP
B

BennyDBowser

Lenovo T520

It's a Core i5 with 4GB of RAM and an SSD. Not sure what you are looking for in terms of horsepower but if you are concerned that won't handle what you need, you need to not be looking at tablets or ultrabooks and instead focus on high end customizable laptops or desktops.

What are you currently using to work with these spreadsheets?

JP

I am currently using the Lenovo T520 as compared in the link. The specs seem around the same.

ArnoldC

Comparison with a product that isn't available yet ?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

OP
B

BennyDBowser

Yes and....

Comparison with a product that isn't available yet ?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Yes comparing to what's out there (T520) and BYOD products. Lot's of automatic responses to the Surface Pro is to get an Apple product. But the specs aren't much different if not better: Microsoft News | Microsoft Surface With Windows Pro Vs Apple MacBook Air Specs And Pricing Comparison.

I was looking for a direct comparison of a Surface Pro and my current T520...found it...shared it for those in my boat. Thinking of taking the Surface Pro on as an "every down back".

xterrapro

Samsung Atif 700 should give you a pretty good idea in terms of performance. The only real drawback for me was the I5's fan noise/heat from the back of the unit.