What's new

Cool things to do w/ Windows Phone 8, Xbox, and now Surface RT?

atvman29

I just ordered a Surface RT 32 w/ red touch cover on eBay for $370 last night (seemed a little sketchy as it was a stock photo, so we'll see) and I'm very excited to complete my collection of Windows devices.

My current arsenal also includes:

-Xbox 360 Slim 4GB with the 20GB HDD from my old Xbox jammed inside

-Nokia Lumia 920 in red

-Sony Vaio Laptop running W7 :(

Now it still tickles me when I can control the Xbox with my phone via Smart Glass, so I'm curious, what other awesome ways will these devices be able to interact/work together?

I finally got sick of my blandPad 2 and the resell is still ridiculously good. My main tablet uses are web browsing, YouTubing, and Craigslist browsing. As much as I'd like to think I'd play games on them, I really don't. I have the Xbox and laptop for that.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Congrats and welcome. The RT will be just fine for those uses plus you get a usb port, micro SD card slot, Office and many other features.

Michfan

Smartglass I am guessing will be much nicer on a tablet vs. phone, some things I enjoy it for are queuing up songs in Dance Central and Karaoke and navigating through menus when my kids have taken all the controllers.

Music and Video apps on the Surface will allow you to play content to your Xbox 360.

There is a rumor that the new Xbox will include RT, if true integration opportunities will get much cooler as third parties will likely get on board and develop a lot of great apps to take advantage of this. An integrated PC+XBox+WindowsPhone+tablet platform with a low cost of entry for developers would draw much attention away from Android and iOS.

OP
A

atvman29

Smartglass I am guessing will be much nicer on a tablet vs. phone, some things I enjoy it for are queuing up songs in Dance Central and Karaoke and navigating through menus when my kids have taken all the controllers.

Music and Video apps on the Surface will allow you to play content to your Xbox 360.

There is a rumor that the new Xbox will include RT, if true integration opportunities will get much cooler as third parties will likely get on board and develop a lot of great apps to take advantage of this. An integrated PC+XBox+WindowsPhone+tablet platform with a low cost of entry for developers would draw much attention away from Android and iOS.

Wow an RT based Xbox would be huge. I hadn't heard that rumor over all the speculation of the always online requirement. Makes perfect sense though. The line between gaming console and PC would blur even more. Maybe my next PC will be an Xbox... lol

EDIT: Just received a tracking number on the tablet, so that's a good sign that the listing was legit.

Br1an_g

I love browsing videos that are on my laptop with my surface RT and using the play to functionality in windows 8 to play them to the xbox then watch as all the movie info comes up in smart glass.