What's new

Cooling Pad Benchmark SP3 I5

OPC9

I bought a cooling pad for my Surface Pro 3 I5 8GB RAM.

I have 2hours the game "Mafia 2" played with resolution 1600x1200 and 20-24fps. Game without any lag. directly after the game I tested 3DMark06 / 3DMark11.

3DMark06 6128
3DMark11 1028

ctitanic

It is actually for notebooks but the Surface fits very well to it. In portrait and landscape format. Due to the extent you do not see much of the pad. The fan is almost inaudible. And the pad works as a USB hub so you lose no special connection then has 4x USB connection.

I use it only to play here and I am very satisfied.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-NotePal-ErgoStand-Adjustable/dp/B003GCQ1YI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407954523&sr=8-1&keywords=coolermaster ergostand
That's perfect for gamers!

grumpy

I bought a cooling pad for my Surface Pro 3 I5 8GB RAM.

I have 2hours the game "Mafia 2" played with resolution 1600x1200 and 20-24fps. Game without any lag. directly after the game I tested 3DMark06 / 3DMark11.

3DMark06 6128
3DMark11 1028

NO! NO! NO! The SP3 is not a gaming machine! Tsk... tsk... tsk..;)

bluegrass

Why don't you run the Intel Extreme Tuning CPU Stress Test twice with a cool down in between without and with the cooling pad. It would be great to get some screenshots of both passes.

ctitanic

It is actually for notebooks but the Surface fits very well to it. In portrait and landscape format. Due to the extent you do not see much of the pad. The fan is almost inaudible. And the pad works as a USB hub so you lose no special connection then has 4x USB connection.

I use it only to play here and I am very satisfied.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-NotePal-ErgoStand-Adjustable/dp/B003GCQ1YI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407954523&sr=8-1&keywords=coolermaster ergostand
What size did you get?

OP
O

OPC9

the performance in the game remains the same. that was important to me. and without pad is not possible. but I can do the test tomorrow

I bought the 17 inch version today. I get 15 on Saturday to test. in Germany's friday feast day;-)

I will write about what is better

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
the performance in the game remains the same. that was important to me. and without pad is not possible. but I can do the test tomorrow

I bought the 17 inch version today. I get 15 on Saturday to test. in Germany's friday feast day;-)

I will write about what is better
Given that the guy that did the Box fan test has since done a test with a small-med sized USB fan successfully it may not really take a lot.

OP
O

OPC9

that's true, there are many but this one has to move brackets. the holder is very good for the surface. most have blue fan that does not match the surface I find