What's new

Cortana no workee

Arizona Willie

I was in a Wal-Mart and wanted Cortana to make a reminder / note for me on the price of an item I wanted to compare to Home Depot's price.

She wouldn't work because she said ' I'm not connected to the Internet ' !!!!!!!

WTF?

You have to be on Wi-fi for Cortana to work?

Pretty useless it seems.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Cortana needs at least 3G Internet Access, but there was also a small scale outage of Cortana today, it lasted a short time...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Fortunately, Windows 10 will search your PC when no connection is available, or your Windows 10 device is switched to Airplane Mode (if compatible).

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't understand how you cannot have any kind of voice to text capability unless on the web. It's pretty pathetic.

One of the reasons I turned it off. It's just a waste of time. Far easier just to type it Into Google keep.

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

I can't understand how you cannot have any kind of voice to text capability unless on the web. It's pretty pathetic.

One of the reasons I turned it off. It's just a waste of time. Far easier just to type it Into Google keep.

I never heard of Google Keep. :)

leeshor

It's a lot like Evernote or Onenote. Hardly ever caught on but it's been around for a long time.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, just another one of all the rest. I just like it because the android widget works well for Mali g shopping lists etc. I dont use any of the features like cloud etc. Many software companies just dont seem to get that an awful lot of people have no interest in having their phone or computer always online.