What's new

Crack on top of the fan vent? Anyone else?

joshyoon

I have a surface pro, and on top of the fan vent, there is crack across the little ribs on the fan vent. Its only on the top, and not the sides. Im not sure if its a crack or not, but it seems like the ribs are disconnected. Anyone else examine this?

oion

I have a surface pro, and on top of the fan vent, there is crack across the little ribs on the fan vent. Its only on the top, and not the sides. Im not sure if its a crack or not, but it seems like the ribs are disconnected. Anyone else examine this?

Are you seeing actual ribs that are disconnected or basically an empty space? The Verge has a pic of the Pro (a top corner) that seems to show the ribs don't go all the way around, but I don't have a Pro to verify that.

surfaceproinline21_560.jpg

OP
J

joshyoon

The ribs are disconnected, and the fan vent is on the perimeter of the top half of the surface. mine has a crack going through the ribs, i was wondering if anyone else is like that.

The ribs are disconnected, and the fan vent is on the perimeter of the top half of the surface. mine has a crack going through the ribs, i was wondering if anyone else is like that.

While I do not have a crack in that spot I have noticed a dent and crack in the channel where the typecover attaches...I guess the repeated removal an reattachment of the keyboard is proving to be more force than the tablet case can handle :(

OP
J

joshyoon

Well, I sent mine in as a standard exchange, and its on its way there right now. It seemed like it was an abnormal crack, covered by warranty. We'll see soon.

CrippsCorner

It's funny, most of the things people have sent their Surface in for replacement wouldn't bother me so much to do so. Maybe it's just because I'm typically British... shut up and get on with it! It seems like such an easy process though that maybe I'll find something just before my warranty runs out (or more likely, just after!)