What's new

Cracked Glass

bangsters

I haven't had any issues so far. Got rid of my Samsung Note. This is my only device now. When I hit the gym I place this on the floor but the machine or bench. Only protection I have is the D-brand skin. Although I am testing out the bumpers, currently on the fence if I'll keep bumpers or remove.

Take the plunge this is an awesome device

I haven't had any issues so far. Got rid of my Samsung Note. This is my only device now. When I hit the gym I place this on the floor but the machine or bench. Only protection I have is the D-brand skin. Although I am testing out the bumpers, currently on the fence if I'll keep bumpers or remove.

Take the plunge this is an awesome device

Thanks for your insight.

Do you put your Duo in a pocket or in any tight sleeves? I ask because the plastic frame is going to see material stress when the panels themselves are flexed, even if slightly - and when that happens the stress finds the weakest place which appears to be those thin slivers above and below the USBc port.

Designing products like this is what my team does so I enjoy working through failure root-causes and options to correct them!

Somewhere in here is a solution that involves the screen thickness, the USBc connector insulation and maybe a quick tooling change for the plastic rim.

bangsters

Jeans I put in in my front pocket. But I prefer holding it, and have those glances lol.... I make sure when I workout, that the phone is on the floor or by a stool. I don't want to leave it in my shorts pocket and it falls off in the middle of a set.

For the USB-C it does look thin, so just be more cautious when plugging it in

They're going to need an immediate switch to glass filled nylon for the center plastic frame - should be molding them right now!

And if space allows they should add a .5mm x .5mm rib to the inside of those tiny areas above and below the USBc port, trailing off to either side as far as possible - it's a steel safe change that could be done right away.
The result would be less flex (eliminate cracked screens), no more cracks at the critical USBc area and no more yellowing plastic (they've either NOT used fade resistant additives or they've textured it incorrectly).

Issues like this will kill a product and ding a brand unless they're dealt with immediately. If it were me I would either issue a stop-sell order to have them all recalled to the factory, disassembled and reassembled with the new part OR offer everyone who purchases and registers one that is already in the wild a free upgrade to a Duo2 when they're released.

PastorShaw

They're going to need an immediate switch to glass filled nylon for the center plastic frame - should be molding them right now!

And if space allows they should add a .5mm x .5mm rib to the inside of those tiny areas above and below the USBc port, trailing off to either side as far as possible - it's a steel safe change that could be done right away.
The result would be less flex (eliminate cracked screens), no more cracks at the critical USBc area and no more yellowing plastic (they've either NOT used fade resistant additives or they've textured it incorrectly).

Issues like this will kill a product and ding a brand unless they're dealt with immediately. If it were me I would either issue a stop-sell order to have them all recalled to the factory, disassembled and reassembled with the new part OR offer everyone who purchases and registers one that is already in the wild a free upgrade to a Duo2 when they're released.
Microsoft, hire this man!