What's new

Create Acronis Image

d_animality

Hi.. i just got my SP4, and bfore i start playing around with it, i want to create a backup image using acronis for future use, anyway i usually need to USB ports to do this... One for pendrive to boot Acronis and the other is for hard disk to save the image created.. how to do this since there is only one port available? can i use USB hub?

and secondly do i need screen protector?

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Once you have made the bootable recovery you can copy the backup image to the same USB drive.

Screen protectors seem to be a personal choice. I don't feel one is needed.

OP
D

d_animality

hi thanks for the quick response :) ... anyway the bootable USB i used only 4GB, the image created by acronis usually more than 20GB I dont think i can use the same USB

netlawbmg

I particularly like a screen protector. I have the Skinomi TechGlass screen protector. It feels better when touch computing than the Surface Pro Screen.

leeshor

hi thanks for the quick response :) ... anyway the bootable USB i used only 4GB, the image created by acronis usually more than 20GB I dont think i can use the same USB
Admintedly I have only done that with a UPS "larger" drive, not a thumb drive. But it did work. I suggest you look at using Macrium Reflect as a replacement for Acronis as some people have had issues with recovering using Acronis.

OP
D

d_animality

I particularly like a screen protector. I have the Skinomi TechGlass screen protector. It feels better when touch computing than the Surface Pro Screen.

Great will google this and see the reviews... might need one just for the sake of loving it too much lol

Admintedly I have only done that with a UPS "larger" drive, not a thumb drive. But it did work. I suggest you look at using Macrium Reflect as a replacement for Acronis as some people have had issues with recovering using Acronis.

is it free? coz i only tried Acronis :D

leeshor

Yes there is a free version of the Macrium program. Another option would be to get a USB HUB.

OP
D

d_animality

ok i will see that... will try Acronis frst if it doesnt work then ill move to Macrium :D will update periodically for any progress thanks