What's new

Cubic News, a great new app.

sarah752

Hi guys,
I wasn't entirely sure this was the proper place to say this, so if its not, I apologize in advance.
Several partners and I have just finished developing a new app and we wanted input from anyone willing. This includes advice and tips for improvement as well recommendations on how to generate buzz.

We strive to make Cubic News a free Windows 8 app that provides breath-taking news of the highest quality along with images of similar quality. Major themes and topics include but not limited to financial news, sports news, global news and tech news. It features three ideal settings for delivering content and allows the user to swiftly look through breaking news or to slowly peruse topics.

We decided to not use the standard pre packaged layouts because we found them rather tawdry and overused, so we decided to make our own interface with different transitions.

Cubic News app for Windows in the Windows Store

Attachments

• modefront.png
    modefront.png
    509.8 KB · Views: 1,010
  • Screen5.png
    Screen5.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 925
  • cubic.png
    cubic.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 860
  • open.png
    open.png
    321.5 KB · Views: 881

mitchellvii

Spam much? As I said in the other thread, why do we need this? There are already many apps that do this very very well.

mitchellvii

Looking at those screenshots, tells me I won't download it.

Heard. I mean compared to even Bing News it's pure amateur hour. Have no idea why they are spamming us with this.

Anyway, they wanted feedback so let me go Simon Cowell on them: It's crap.

Last edited:
OP
S

sarah752

Heard. I mean compared to even Bing News it's pure amateur hour. Have no idea why they are spamming us with this.

Anyway, they wanted feedback so let me go Simon Cowell on them: It's crap.

Mitchell, while I certainly appreciate constructive criticism there is no reason be uncivil and uncouth, especially considering the time and effort that went into development.

Lolvo

Mitchell, while I certainly appreciate constructive criticism there is no reason be uncivil and uncouth, especially considering the time and effort that went into development.

I agree;

Whether we like the app or not is personal opinion, and there's no need to be rude about it.
Looks like a fine app, and I can see the goal you have in mind. Doesn't look like my fortè though. Good luck with further development, and be sure to use one thread for your updates, Sarah.

Russ

uncivil and uncouth

Mitchell??? Uncivil and uncouth? Oh, perish the thought! Mitchell may be occasionally uncivil -- Mitchell practices equal opportunity incivility -- but he's never uncouth (well, maybe not "never," just hardly ever). Mitchell is the very epitome of couth.

(Sorry, Mitchell, just couldn't help myself. The day has been like that.)

Take care,
Russ

ArnoldC

When somebody is brutally honest, you call him uncivil and uncouth? If I was told my application was crap, I would have taken that as a seriously positive input. For one, mitchellvii is not a guy who just says something for the sake of saying it. He may have many complaints about the product, and you know what? I validated his complaints about the kickstand, and I experienced where he is coming from.

OP
S

sarah752

When somebody is brutally honest, you call him uncivil and uncouth? If I was told my application was crap, I would have taken that as a seriously positive input. For one, mitchellvii is not a guy who just says something for the sake of saying it. He may have many complaints about the product, and you know what? I validated his complaints about the kickstand, and I experienced where he is coming from.

I see what you mean, but her/his comment calling it "crap" is in no way positive, nor was the "armature hour" ad-hominem useful. He/she doesn't elaborate on anything that needs improvement or offer useful information, he/she just conveys rejection and callousness.

kristalsoldier

I see what you mean, but her/his comment calling it "crap" is in no way positive, nor was the "armature hour" ad-hominem useful. He/she doesn't elaborate on anything that needs improvement or offer useful information, he/she just conveys rejection and callousness.

Btw, Sarah...instead of he/ she, you could just as easily write s/he or maybe s(h)e...!

Russ

. . . her/his . . . He/she . . . he/she just conveys rejection and callousness.

Sarah --

You aren't helping your cause. The "he/she" crap is cumbersome and annoying. You are trying to promote a product. Annoying people is not a good way to accomplish that objective. Mitchell has a name: it is "Mitchell." Unless you know a lot of girls named Mitchell, it would have been safer just to use the masculine pronouns. Or, if that offends your sensitive soul, just use his name. For the possessive pronouns, you could substitute "Mitchell's." Similarly when it is the subject.

Mitchell is one of the more knowledgeable and assertive members of this forum. (I don't want him to know I said that, which is why I am posting this in invisible ink.) So, you came here to promote a product, and you got your feathers ruffled because Mitchell called it "crap." Now you have a choice. You can:

a - Pursue your original objective and find a way to promote your product, or,
b - Get all pissy about it and engage in a no-win contest, wherein your original objective is totally lost.

The choice was, and perhaps still is, yours to make.

Regards,
Russ Walden

Last edited: