What's new

Cubic News, a great new app.

OP
S

sarah752

Ok, I'll bite. My constructive criticism is that based upon what I have seen here, you don't have the coding horsepower on your team to develop a competitive product. Either take some more classes or hire some better people.

Look at Bing News. That's the direction newsreaders are going. Yours looks distinctly 1998.

If I were you and I wanted to develop, I would stick with a simple utility or a game. Newsreaders are where the big boys play and you simply don't have the resources to compete.

So your great advice is "give up and to try something else". Thanks, thanks a lot.

tonyz3

dude_eating_popcorn_hg_blk.gif Yikes..... Oh no he didn't.....Oh no she didn't........

mitchellvii

So your great advice is "give up and to try something else". Thanks, thanks a lot.

Yes, that is my advice. Take it or leave it.

Don't give up on developing, but find a niche where the competition isn't so brutal. Charles Barkley was a great basketball player but a lousy golfer. Find your game.

[video=youtube;s50K65PNeBU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s50K65PNeBU[/video]

Last edited:

tonyz3

yes I did give it another go... The transitions are a bit better or smoother but still seem to need a little more speed. I do have to agree with some others here that the look needs more polish...What are the options for adding news sources. And in some views the pictures seem distorted...

mitchellvii

Mitchell??? Uncivil and uncouth? Oh, perish the thought! Mitchell may be occasionally uncivil -- Mitchell practices equal opportunity incivility -- but he's never uncouth (well, maybe not "never," just hardly ever). Mitchell is the very epitome of couth.

(Sorry, Mitchell, just couldn't help myself. The day has been like that.)

Take care,
Russ

When Russ starts defending me (sorta) you know the end times are upon us :)

kristalsoldier

When Russ starts defending me (sorta) you know the end times are upon us :)

How true! But I would echo Russ' sentiments though. You are even-handed in...well, whatever it is that you do! And, that is a defence (sort of) of you - though the lord knows that you don't need it!

mitchellvii

How true! But I would echo Russ' sentiments though. You are even-handed in...well, whatever it is that you do! And, that is a defence (sort of) of you - though the lord knows that you don't need it!

"One man's jerk is another man's chicken..."

- Bob Marley

(Ok, I made that up but he might have said it.)

Last edited: