What's new

Custom Fan - Get More From Your SP3!

supermaik

Heh, though your request will still go unanswered. I've asked him a few times and he's ignored me. His prerogative, really, since he spent a lot of time on it and why not make money off of it? It would just be nice of @Cothek (!!!) to acknowledge there are no plans to appease us who have our own 3D printers ;)

M2RiverRat

I actually don't like that design.. lol

I am a mechanical engineer, I will come up with my own design and share the files when it is complete.

River

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member

I am a mechanical engineer, I will come up with my own design and share the files when it is complete.

River
I pointed this out because of the location change and I believe he indicted this arrangement works better ... i.e the 2.0 version blows air into the intake vent while 1.0 pulled out. However the SP3 exhaust airflow is dispersed to all the edges and pushing air in the only intake vent would seem to increase overall airflow.

OP
Cothek

Cothek

So I apologize for the lack of response but I really only check in here every couple weeks and life has been kind of crazy for me lately.

To answer a couple questions/concerns about the models, the main reason I haven't shared them is for quality control. I know that the ducts coming from shapeways will be quality and printed correctly. If I allow anyone to modify and print then they will be coming to me asking for help and wanting me to fix their problems. This may sound like a lame excuse or a wrong one but that's my choice and I already have enough to deal with :)

There are some of you probably thinking, "yeah right, he's just in it for the money" and I wish that were true, ha. I make a couple dollars as in ~$2 off the sales of the duct and that's it. Trust me when I say that the main reason I did this is to control the data and quality and my time!

River
I am actually really looking forward to this. The more designs and ideas we make the better.