What's new

Custom Resolution

dizx

Hi. I would like to set some custom screen resolutions for my Surface 2. Like 1440x900 and 1366x768.

Anybody who know how I can do that?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Those resolutions aren't available on the Tegra4 GPU, there looks like 4 lower resolutions you can chose.

OP
D

dizx

I doubt that this has anything with limitations in the GPU, but rather limitations in the the driver.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well with the ARM SoC's, drivers and GPU's are eternally linked, we have no way of modifying the drivers...

SeanOng

Bummer - I was really hoping there was a way to do 1366x768 because the proportions were perfect back when I had the RT. The 1080 tries to make up for it by making some things bigger, but it just doesn't cut it - some menu items, icons, desktop browser, and many other things are just too tiny for a touch screen. Anyway, so far my favorite resolution for the Surface 2 is 1768x992. It's a close to the RT resolution as I could find. On my desktop computer, there was an option to do custom resolutions - too bad that's not so with the Surface 2.

kundas1

Can't you make everything bigger in the screen with the magnifier selection and choose 150% or goto advanced and choose a setting to your liking? say 160% or whatever looks best for you.

SeanOng

@kundas1 - thanks for the obvious suggestion - sometimes I just make things too complicated! I always had my settings on 150% - but for the Surface 2, it turns out that 200% is PERFECT. Everything is nice a touchable now. Thanks!