What's new

Day 2 with SB - Uh Oh

Nonseven

I will say that my machine (i5/256gb/8mb/dGPU) is stable enough to wait for the next update, now that I'm staying away from the Edge browser for most stuff. Otherwise, all I do is pretty much use Office, which seems to run fine.

beluga25

I wouldn't go that far. Everything has issues when it's first released, and no doubt without Panos' passion for the devices to begin with, we wouldn't even have a Surface Pro 3, 4, or Book.

We don't have a Surface Book. Mine is back at Microsoft due to unusability because of constant freezing. This is on me for
consciously deciding to literally buy into a Day 1 launch, but as far as I'm concerned this is also the final nail in Panay's coffin because, as
the previous poster said, it's not like he hasn't consistently overpromised before.

beluga25

View attachment 7036

Evolution is a dynamic process; for every great advance, there are some stumbles. The vision of "OS agnosticism" is truly important, and will lead the world to better information management. I believe that Microsoft is truly prescient in promoting their new tech.

Yes, yes, great philosophy and all that, but the friggin' thing is BROKEN and Microsoft has my $2500 RIGHT NOW (actually, I RMA'ed it yesterday).

johnj2803

We don't have a Surface Book. Mine is back at Microsoft due to unusability because of constant freezing. This is on me for
consciously deciding to literally buy into a Day 1 launch, but as far as I'm concerned this is also the final nail in Panay's coffin because, as
the previous poster said, it's not like he hasn't consistently overpromised before.

I wouldn't really attribute this to over promising... I am sure that these quirks are software stuff and will be resolved soon. It will do what it was meant to do eventually. But yeah, its unusable sometimes but when it works, it does nicely.

Nobody can really know what the quirks are for a new piece of gadget until it reaches to a lot of consumers. It is a process, albeit very inconvenient at times, that has to happen. We just have to have the patience for it.

With that said, If mine keeps hanging like it is now, I am returning mine. I will re purchase when I can use it, because I don't have the luxury of having a $2000 machine on my table not working to its potential.

GoodBytes

I have to agree Johnh2803, because reviewers had a great experience with the device. Some did notice bugs, but once they got the review system, Microsoft gave them a 'reviewer guide', which mentioned the problem and will be fix soon. Already, Microsoft fixed a lot of the issues by updating the drivers. Sadly, Intel continues to ruin Surface brand and Windows with their shitty drivers. I honestly wonder if Microsoft will buy AMD, and afford to get super knowledgeable CPU architecture engineers, and actually make a CPU worthwhile (although that is 6-7 years or work).