What's new

Dead battery or what?

Vapor

Hello,

My Surface Pro 3 started behaving strange recently. It seems that the battery stopped working (over 1000 cycles byt still good capacity) - after lying discharged overnight, the battery is stuck at 25% with the power plug. When I disconnect it, the power is cut and the computer shuts down. I also had a sudden poweroff while working on cable, although it only happened once. Also, computer can't wake from hibernation, it's stuck in a boot loop, and only cutting the cord helps it boot back again. I've tried cleaning the connector, reinstalling the battery driver and installing updates. Seems like a hardware issue. Has anyone experienced something like that?

tuskerkf

Had some of these issues a while back.Is the power cable light on while you are plugged in? If its blinking its not charging.Last 3 months I been using a binder clip to press down on the back where the battery should be and it works somehow.For how long...not sure....

OP
Vapor

Vapor

Power adaptor works properly, actually two of them. The connections were cleaned well.