What's new

Dealing With Rapid Battery Drain

eelpout

my battery life seems to be solidly in the 5.5 hour range now; which is a bit disappointing. could have sworn I was getting closer to 7.5 when I first got it. maybe it's heavier use of Aurora as a browser.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What does setting it to MAX POWER SAVINGS accomplish?
Thanks Again
Jack

It is the trade off between Rapid Resume and Battery Life, Off = Higher Battery Drain (and with the earlier bug High CPU Utilization), then you have Moderate and Max...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is he's referring to the Link State Power Management found in the current Power plan settings. You'll find it under the advanced settings in Power Options. PCI Express->Link State Power Management. Set it to Maximum Power Savings.

Thanks, I was on a Conference Call and multitasking and tried to explain from memory...

Ruffles

my battery life seems to be solidly in the 5.5 hour range now; which is a bit disappointing. could have sworn I was getting closer to 7.5 when I first got it. maybe it's heavier use of Aurora as a browser.

That could be it as well as other software installed that runs background processes such as dropbox, java updaters, etc. Keep in mind that if you spend lots of time in desktop mode, your battery life will be less.

eelpout

That could be it as well as other software installed that runs background processes such as dropbox, java updaters, etc. Keep in mind that if you spend lots of time in desktop mode, your battery life will be less.
yeah, I've stopped everything I could think of: java updates, Adobe updates, Apple updaters etc. The top CPU munchers are: Aurora, Mail (app) and then Skype, which is trailing by a huge margin (the Task Mgr handily keeps track of that).

Now that I've checked, the Mail app was constantly polling for new mail on every account. Put a stop to that so hopefully that will help.