What's new

Solved delete thread

raqball

I would NOT be cool with it because I am OCD.. But that is a killer price so if you are okay with the scratch then rock on...

OP
apizano

apizano

I would NOT be cool with it because I am OCD.. But that is a killer price so if you are okay with the scratch then rock on...

I'm OCD aswell. For some reason it doesn't really tilt me that much though.

Also, I rather have this then say the 128gb SSD, NON-Nvidia gpu version with no blemishes. And I really don't want to spend more because I'm just a broke college student :D .... hmmm...

I kinda just wish it was on the bottom instead of the top lid though...

Wayne Orwig

If you like the device, put a skin on it with the $$$ you saved. If you have doubts about the device, return it.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a scratch, I'm sure you'll survive. For the money saved I'd be happy for it to have a dent as well :) must be hard to enjoy life if a little scratch is the end of the world (just my opinion of course)

OP
apizano

apizano

It's a scratch, I'm sure you'll survive. For the money saved I'd be happy for it to have a dent as well :) must be hard to enjoy life if a little scratch is the end of the world (just my opinion of course)

it is hard to enjoy life, because I'm neurotic with obsessive tendencies :p thanks for yours reply, it wasn't the end of the world though, mostly I was asking to get opinions while the 30 day refund window was still open.

OP
apizano

apizano

If you like the device, put a skin on it with the $$$ you saved. If you have doubts about the device, return it.

Lol, I hate skins, it would be like putting a bumper or some cover over an elegant BMW or mercedes. Its completely aesthetic and mostly trivial since it's virtually brand new otherwise . I mostly wanted opinions while the 30 day return window was still open

CrippsCorner

I scratched my original Pro model once and it wound me up every time I saw it! Maybe it's more annoying knowing I did it myself though.

I think you got it for a good price, so I'd probably keep it... but sure it's annoying.

I currently have a small crack on my iPhone and I keep thinking about getting it repaired, but I just know if I did, I'd drop it the day after!

OP
apizano

apizano

Yeah, I think I'm going to keep it. I refuse to use my phones or laptops with covers/skins/cases or whatever so I know its going to get scratched up eventually (like my phone), so I guess its no big deal.

I got it for like $1,000 on ebay and it came with new box manuals charger and everything - do you guys reckon it was some blemished model/open box from Microsoft thus the price? (new i5 256gb w/ NVIDIA gpu are like 1899$)

It wasn't even used or w/e

CrippsCorner

Could have been a return? I got my Surface exchanged because I *thought* it had a faulty network adaptor. However turns out it wasn't that... but mine had a small scratch on the back. So if they tested for the problem and didn't find one, I guess this would go out as a refurbished product to someone else?

Plus point for not putting on skins or covers! I hate those... ruin beautiful devices. Honestly rather have a scratch!

Plantje

I would be really ok with it! Especially with that discount and knowing that I didn't create the scratch myself!