What's new

Dell P2715Q on my SP2

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
They may have their own reasons for stating that, but the fact is, 50hz at 4k works nicely.

Glad to hear you got it going Aaron!
This may be a recent development with their later drivers or maybe they were just being overly conservative on the specifications sheet although in the past their own support said it didn't work.

These are also nonstandard refresh rates or at least they used to be. I remember the horrible old interlaced CRT displays that divided 60hz with offset image effectively making a 30hz refresh, IMO it was unusable and never should have see the light of day. I guess 30 hz on a slow decay flat screen is fine, IDK, I haven't seen one so I'll wait until I do to call it out.

zhenya

Fortunately 50hz seems to be perfectly fine for my uses - no issues whatsoever with mouse lag or even watching hd video on it. Looks great - and just like all my smaller screens, once I've seen high-dpi screens of this size it'd be hard to ever go back!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fortunately 50hz seems to be perfectly fine for my uses - no issues whatsoever with mouse lag or even watching hd video on it. Looks great - and just like all my smaller screens, once I've seen high-dpi screens of this size it'd be hard to ever go back!
... and what did you think of 30hz? Any issues?

zhenya

I never ran it at 30hz. I couldn't get the screen to display at any 4k resolution until I made the custom settings, so I never tried it.

OP
A

Aaron Pepelis

I couldn't get 30hz working with hdmi. Anyhow, I have a dell sp2309 connected via a USB adapter. I tried dasy chaining with a dp to hdmi cable. I'm not sure how that works so Im not surprised it didn't work. I would like to bring the usb adapter to work if I could.