What's new

Dell sells new Windows RT tablet for $299.

mitchellvii

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57584457-75/new-low-for-windows-rt-tablet-dell-cuts-price-to-$299/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

Spaniard

Supply-demand-right-shift-demand.svg

The supply and demand model describes how prices vary as a result of a balance between product availability at each price (supply) and the desires of those with purchasing power at each price (demand). The graph depicts a right-shift in demand from D1 to D2 along with the consequent increase in price and quantity required to reach a new market-clearing equilibrium point on the supply curve (S).

pallentx

Yes! I was planning hold out for the new cheaper 7-8" RT for my son's birthday. I wasn't willing to spend ~$600 for a Surface. Thanks to Dell, he's getting a full-sized tablet a little sooner. Family Safety makes this a no-brainer choice over an iPad or Android device. When he logs in, the new device will inherit all the restrictions I have setup on the desktops.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yes! I was planning hold out for the new cheaper 7-8" RT for my son's birthday. I wasn't willing to spend ~$600 for a Surface. Thanks to Dell, he's getting a full-sized tablet a little sooner. Family Safety makes this a no-brainer choice over an iPad or Android device. When he logs in, the new device will inherit all the restrictions I have setup on the desktops.

This is why my 12 year old also has a Lumia 920 (he bought it), Family Safety is enforced there as well, Desktop, RT Tablet and Phone....I assume the new Xbox will be supported as well...

pallentx

Wow, I didn't know Family Safety worked on the phone as well. We haven't crossed the kids-having-cell-phones line yet despite our kids being convinced they are the only kids at school without one. If or when we do go down that road, WP will be the obvious choice. I cant believe MS doesn't market Family Safety. That's a HUGE reason to go all-Microsoft with desktop, laptop, tablet, and phone for personal devices.