What's new

Delta Airlines will equip all pilots with Sufrace 2 Tablets

Lolvo

I wonder how the transition will be; most pilots that I have encountered use iPads for avionics. My CFI uses an iPad 3, and my roommate uses an iPad as well.

The iOS market has a much wider array of aviation-related programs, and programs I use are WLegacy programs...which runs into obvious issues.

It will be interesting to see how their pilot base use the devices. +1 for you, Delta.

beman39

I wonder how the transition will be; most pilots that I have encountered use iPads for avionics. My CFI uses an iPad 3, and my roommate uses an iPad as well.

The iOS market has a much wider array of aviation-related programs, and programs I use are WLegacy programs...which runs into obvious issues.

It will be interesting to see how their pilot base use the devices. +1 for you, Delta.

exactly Lolvo!...my best bud is a pilot and I showed him the Surface and he luvs it, but has no viable apps to use! I hope some of the programmers jump in on this so my buddy can jump on the Surface bandwagon with me lol

TeknoBlast

I'm sure it's not just s stock Surface 2. MS and Delta probably will work together to get the whatever applications Delta needs on the S2.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Avanade (Microsoft Partner) has been working on this project with Delta and Microsoft. They created the Phone 8 App front end that uses MS Dynamics (CRM and AX) on the backend for the inflight purchases. I'm sure they are coding the Delta Specific Apps for the pilots as well....