What's new

Desktop mode - everything got super small

kb8

Hello everyone

I own a surface 2, and have been using it regularly for about a month now. Last night I was using it with no issue, then turned it off. Upon turning it on in the morning, all of my desktop icons, as well as the taskbar on the bottom, and clock icons have become extraordinarily small. The start menu and app functions are all 'the right size'.

For example if I use the tablet app IE, the font is comfortable and the 'right size' that it had been since purchasing the tablet. When I use the desktop version of IE, the text, toolbars, font etc are extremely small.

I have not messed with the settings at all. The screen resolution has always been on the recommended setting of 1920x1080, and is currently set there. If I reduce resolution things get better, but I feel something else may be off because I KNOW it was at that recommended setting prior to this issue. Any one have any advice or fixes?

Thanks

CrippsCorner

There is an option to reduce the font size only, in display preferences or whatever it's called (right click on desktop) but I have no idea why it would do it without you issuing it! Very strange... anyway have a look in the area I mentioned and see what it says and if you're able to get it back to how it was.

ron_from_rifas

There is an option to reduce the font size only, in display preferences or whatever it's called (right click on desktop) but I have no idea why it would do it without you issuing it! Very strange... anyway have a look in the area I mentioned and see what it says and if you're able to get it back to how it was.

If you're still dealing with this, here you go...

Control Panel
Display
Check - "Let me choose one scaling level..."
Choose Larger - 150%
Apply