What's new

desktop pc with surface pro

marjocello

I have a desktop PC connected to 2 monitors, keyboard and mouse etc. I just got a surface pro 7 as well as a surface docking station. I'm looking for a way to use my desktop-setup "as a dock", and just connect the Surface and then use the monitor, keyboard and mouse through the desktop-setup, to work on my Surface. In order to avoid switching all cables from my desktop pc to the docking station.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how I can do this? I'm sorry if this subject has already been addressed.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You want an A/B switch for monitors and USB devices. Shop online for A/B computer switches.

Here is one I set up for one of my offices to switch between two Surface Book 2 devices with one set of external devices:

OP
M

marjocello

Thanks a lot!
Do I then also use my surface docking station? Or is that not possible? Would be the easiest way to connect the surface pro I guess..

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You can still use your Surface docking station to connect to the SP7. The switch is for external devices you wish to share.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if the Surface Docking Station could be connected to the switch. But the docking station USB ports could be connected to the switch using a male-male cable. No guarantees on functionality.