What's new

Desktop Shorcut for the Camera App

TheBoozer

I would like to create a shortcut on my desktop for the Camera App. I searched everywhere (Program Files, Program Files x86, etc.) for the .exe file for the Camera so that I may send it to the desktop, but could not find it. Also when I right click the Camera Metro App, there is no option to view "file location" like in some other apps. Can anyone please advise.

Thank you.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Camera App is a Modern UI App and is usually already on the Start Screen. Because it is a Modern UI App there isn't a traditional .exe as it is either a JavaScript, HTML 5.0 or other WinRT Application interface that uses XML, so no desktop shortcut possible...

machistmo

Right, these are installed as APPX packages, special OS APPX packages for the 'BAKED-IN' Apps IIRC... MEH... Awesome-sauce Microsoft.

Arizona Willie

Apps also cannot be un-installed via the Control Panel.
They do not show up.
The only way to try to un-install one is by right clicking it on the Start page and clicking un-install on the task bar .... and hope it works and doesn't leave any crumbs behind.
This is not optimal.

The Camera App is a Modern UI App and is usually already on the Start Screen. Because it is a Modern UI App there isn't a traditional .exe as it is either a JavaScript, HTML 5.0 or other WinRT Application interface that uses XML, so no desktop shortcut possible...