What's new

Desperately searching for time and date stamp feature in a camera app

pauly308

Hi All

I use an SP2 for work which involves me filling out reports on building inspections. The volume of reports completed is around 10-12 per day. Part of my report involves me taking photos at my inspections and then uploading them to the report. I usually take no less than 10 photos per job. At around 10 jobs a day thats 100 photos.

My clients now want me to included time and date stamps on the photos uploaded to the report. Due to the volume of this, using programs like BatchPhoto which allow me to add in the time and date stamp to the jpeg file afterwards is becoming increasingly time consuming.

I have been looking very hard for a camera app that will automatically include time and date stamp on the photos when I take them. It would save me at least an hour a day in managing this requirement. I have searched through the app store and found an abundance of photo editing apps and software, and only one camera app which apparently has this feature, Camera for Panasonic PC app for Windows in the Windows Store however it does not even open so I cannot confirm if it works or not.

If anyone is able to help me I would really appreciate it, as this would make my job so much more easier and productive should I have this one little problem resolved. Thank you.

Last edited:

demandarin

Wouldn't a possible workaround be using your phone or cam and just cutting on that feature within it? I know most phones let u do that and I would assume most cams let you enable time and date stamp to be shown. Then just transfer all pix to pro to add to your reports.

goodintentions

Wouldn't a possible workaround be using your phone or cam and just cutting on that feature within it? I know most phones let u do that and I would assume most cams let you enable time and date stamp to be shown. Then just transfer all pix to pro to add to your reports.

This would add several steps he has to do for each inspection.

This is like saying instead of typing on a computer keyboard why not workaround and use a type writer then drive to office depot to scan in report. Sure it's possible, but it defeats the purpose of efficiency.