What's new

Detaching the Clipboard (Please Resolve before detaching) now allowed by some apps

loguicito

Almost any time I want to Detach the Clipboard I will get the message "Please Resolve Before Detaching" and I have to close almost any app, example of some Apps preventing the clipboard from being detached:

- Outlook
- Lynda.com
- MS Project 2016
- Outlook 2016
- Store
- Nextgen Reader
- OneNote
- Excel 2016
- Hulu
- CBS
- SlingTV
- Whatsapp

This is kind of ridiculous, what is the purpose of being able to detach the screen if most of the time you cannot? I know I can close the app detach and open it again, but that is not a very smart approach. I think the reason could be the apps using the GPU card in the base, is there a utility that I can use to activate/deactivate the GPU video card so the apps will use the Intel GPU in the clipboard instead? I would assume that will solve this problem, any comment or suggestion will be appreciated, thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Almost any time I want to Detach the Clipboard I will get the message "Please Resolve Before Detaching" and I have to close almost any app, example of some Apps preventing the clipboard from being detached:

- Outlook
- Lynda.com
- MS Project 2016
- Outlook 2016
- Store
- Nextgen Reader
- OneNote
- Excel 2016
- Hulu
- CBS
- SlingTV
- Whatsapp

This is kind of ridiculous, what is the purpose of being able to detach the screen if most of the time you cannot? I know I can close the app detach and open it again, but that is not a very smart approach. I think the reason could be the apps using the GPU card in the base, is there a utility that I can use to activate/deactivate the GPU video card so the apps will use the Intel GPU in the clipboard instead? I would assume that will solve this problem, any comment or suggestion will be appreciated, thanks

You can set GPU Preferences in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Keep in mind that ~100Gbps are traversing the clipboard and base at any given time...

My guess is SlingTV, Hulu and CBS and potentially Lynda.com are causing the error.

OP
L

loguicito

Thanks, I configured the NVIDIA control panel Global Settings to use "Integrated Graphics" by default and now I can any of the previous apps running and I am able to detach the clipboard without any problem, thank you very much for the great tip