What's new

Dictionary updates fail

Arizona Willie

Has anyone gotten that dictionary on their Surface to update properly?

Mine has refused to take that update since day 1.
It's the only problem I've had with my Surface Pro 1 and I don't really care about the dictionary but it is aggravating to have something not do what it is supposed to do.

I tried hiding the update but Microsoft in it's " infinite wisdom " UNHIDES the update periodically. Guess they figure I don't know what I want or don't want so they are gonna shove it down my throat. Which would be fine if the thing < worked > ... but I really hate seeing that " update failed " every other Tuesday or so.

Nuspieds

Yes, they do fail.

They were working for me since Day 1, but sometime back, I ran into the same update failed problem. I researched and did all sorts of troubleshooting for quite a while but eventually I concluded it was an exercise in futility.

I have no faith in Windows Update whatsoever. Crap like this occurs and even when you click on the link to "Get help with this error," it is some sort of generic Windows Update help. Ridiculous.

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

Windows " Help " is anything but.
Unless you need help getting to the funny farm cause trying to find solutions in their " help " will drive you insane.