What's new

did anyone get the Chrome os metro app to work

hypokondriak

I have found many different websites that say that it's in the dev build, but when I download it, I cant find the metro card for it.

Hands-on: Google's Metro browser preview sneaks Chrome OS into Windows 8 | PCWorld

As the article says I installed the dev build but I wasn't able to find A card for it no matter where I looked.

I dont have my Pro with me right now, but I believe if you click on the settings button on the far right past address bar there is the option to "Open in Windows 8 Mode.". Not sure if this will do it or not but maybe give it a go. Chrome does pixel scale better this way.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

D

Deleted member 10837

You need to set Google Chrome as your default browser then pin to Start, same as in order to use metro IE.

2uffvaa.jpg

OP
macmee

macmee

thanks! Although unfortunately there seems to be quite alot of graphical issues with it for me. Such as gradients randomly appearing red, and the app itself seems only to occupy about 1/4 of My screen.

You need to set Google Chrome as your default browser then pin to Start, same as in order to use metro IE.

-snip-