What's new

Difference between surface pro 2 128 gb and a surface (8 pro) 128g

Reiki gal

I was going to bid on a surface pro 2 128gb and when I did they had put misinformation about it and it was really a surface pro 128 gb what is the difference the pro 2 will be for my son in year 7

daniielrp

Just the processor, pretty much everything else is the same. However, the better processor meant much better battery life for the SP2.

toaf

ya SP2 battery last longer. but SP1 was still nice. your son is 7? dont know if i would trust a 7 year old with not dropping it

jaekqubp

The 1st generation Surface Pro uses 3rd generation i5 technology, whereas the 2nd generation Surface Pro uses the 4th generation i5 technology. This equates to slightly increased CPU performance, overall, a significantly improved GPU, and most of all, vastly improved battery life. In addition, I believe that the Pro 2 has some other small differences, such as increased resolution capability, afforded by the updated GPU. I could be incorrect in that assertion, however. There is the additional position on the kick-stand, as well, but if you are giving it to a seven-year-old, I would recommend a protective case, anyway.

Finally, if the seller listed the item deceptively or incorrectly, you have recourse to decline the purchase. Feel free to reply, or private message if you have any further questions regarding that issue.

Good luck.

I was going to bid on a surface pro 2 128gb and when I did they had put misinformation about it and it was really a surface pro 128 gb what is the difference the pro 2 will be for my son in year 7