What's new

Solved Disabling Home button (not Volume )

Popinovsky

Hi everybody!

We are developing application and dealing with problem with main Home button. We need to disable it, but when I disable it through Device Manager, the Volume buttons are disabled too. I know there is way how to do it in Surface app. But do you know any solution without need of installing any app, like registry settings etc. ? I'm using Win 8.1

Thanks!

bluegrass

Excuse me for being in the dark but which is the "Home" button on the Surface? Never mind. I found it on the F9 key on the keyboard. Sorry, for the interruption but I don't know how to disable a key on the Surface keyboard.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everybody!

We are developing application and dealing with problem with main Home button. We need to disable it, but when I disable it through Device Manager, the Volume buttons are disabled too. I know there is way how to do it in Surface app. But do you know any solution without need of installing any app, like registry settings etc. ? I'm using Win 8.1

Thanks!
Download the Surface App from the Store and it has the Ability to disable the Windows Button on the Bezel

OP
P

Popinovsky

Excuse me for being in the dark but which is the "Home" button on the Surface? Never mind. I found it on the F9 key on the keyboard. Sorry, for the interruption but I don't know how to disable a key on the Surface keyboard.
By Home button I mean touch button in the frame (marked in the picture)

Attachments

• Surface_Pro_3_with_Pen.jpg
    Surface_Pro_3_with_Pen.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 534