What's new

Disabling Internet page check won't stick.

mitchellvii

If you wish to use MUI IE's swipe back feature, you need to disable the browser's checking for the latest version every time you visit a page or it takes FOREVER.

The problem is, whenever I change the option in Internet Settings to "Never" and close it, it changes itself back to "Automatically" and so the problem never gets solved. The following settings won't stick. No other changes stick either - it always goes back to Automatically.

InternetSettings.png

Any ideas?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not bugs, features :)

Sometimes the slightest touch sends it off to another page... unintentionally... usually when you've typed a lot on the page or filled out a form and its not saved.

Anything you would want is immaterial.... Its important to rack up those ad views... computers have been near completely hijacked by corporate marketing in the last decade, you are no longer in control. but I digress. :)

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Not bugs, features :)

Sometimes the slightest touch sends it off to another page... unintentionally... usually when you've typed a lot on the page or filled out a form and its not saved.

Anything you would want is immaterial.... Its important to rack up those ad views... computers have been near completely hijacked by corporate marketing in the last decade, you are no longer in control. but I digress. :)

Not sure how this addresses the question. Why won't Internet settings stick?

Liam2349

Interesting, I tried to change it to "Every time I start Internet Explorer" and it reverted back to "Automatic".

bluegrass

So are you saying if you make your setting to IE in the desktop version the settings stay for the MUI version. I was thinking that the settings might be on for the desktop IE version.

Not relevant to this thread but the statement "computers have been near completely hijacked by corporate marketing in the last decade" couldn't be further from the truth. I find browsing the Internet getting deplorable. You accidentally pass your cursor over something and up pops a flippin' ad.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I changed it on my desktop and the changes stuck.. SP3 issue?

It's also working on my SP2.

Ok and now it seems to be working on my SP3...

Huh, ok, if you change it in desktop IE it does seem to stick. If you change it from the Control Panel it doesn't. Quirky.

Bandito

There doesn't seem to be a way to pin the MUI IE tile to the task bar. If you right click on the IE tile on the start page, there is an option to do this, but when you go to the desktop it only starts the desktop version. I would assume that since the two different versions are deeply intertwined, it automatically senses where it was launched from and starts in that mode. It would be nice if you could choose, though.

malberttoo

There doesn't seem to be a way to pin the MUI IE tile to the task bar. If you right click on the IE tile on the start page, there is an option to do this, but when you go to the desktop it only starts the desktop version. I would assume that since the two different versions are deeply intertwined, it automatically senses where it was launched from and starts in that mode. It would be nice if you could choose, though.

Pretty sure Win9 will allow this.