What's new

Disappointed with Word on the RT

refi

Increasingly disappointed with word on the RT.

I use Word a lot and I find the longer the document gets, the more jerky and slow the typing, almost to the point that it gets unusable on a doc bigger than 10 pages. Start a new doc and everything is fine again... weird and annoying. Restarting and cleaning up disk has no effect.

Anyone else seeing this, anyone know how to fix it?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Increasingly disappointed with word on the RT.

I use Word a lot and I find the longer the document gets, the more jerky and slow the typing, almost to the point that it gets unusable on a doc bigger than 10 pages. Start a new doc and everything is fine again... weird and annoying. Restarting and cleaning up disk has no effect.

Anyone else seeing this, anyone know how to fix it?

Have you installed all of the updates including the Office updates?

bosamar

Open Word > File >Inspect Document > Check for issues. Maybe your document has some funky code in it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting, is it a graphic heavy document? I consistently create and edit documents that are 50-200 pages in size, professional whitepapers and marketing slicks....what else is running?

OP
R

refi

Again no issues upon inspecting, the doc is just text but I have inserted a lot of character symbols
I don't have any other apps running besides word and ie

kristalsoldier

I have also tried long Word documents - about 100K words per doc - and have noticed nothing out of the necessary. I would be keen to learn how you get along with this issue as Word is the app that is seeing and will progressively see the most use by me on my RT.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Don't mean to harp on the point but are you sure you did the Office updates manually from Desktop? It is not part of the standard updates (why they did it this way I have no idea). If so the next step is probably to try a refresh.

JP

ArnoldC

If it doesn't show the Preview on the splash screen, then it's good.

I have RFP documents from 300 - 500 pages with illustrations that Word RT takes easily.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express