What's new

Discharged over night

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
When you say normal work, what would that entail? What types are you surfing, static information or Flash Based Games or Content? Are Videos Flash or HTML 5 rendered. I honestly get 9-12 hours of normal work (if I use my Surface 2 for many Conference Calls I lose around 2-3 hours of battery life). I mostly consume information via reading and spend way too much time on Tablet Forums.

OP
K

king182

What I do:
Surfing most of the time with 2-3 open Browsers. Most pages are just Content like that one here and some have Videos as well (e.g. nba.com, spox.com).
I also use Word, PowerPoint etc. and I´m switching between using the Internet and documents a lot.
Also Facebook, Outlook is used a lot with Outlook ready to load new E-Mail any time.

I think with that rather conservative using I should get out more than I do at the moment.

As I said, I made the video-Loop test and had to stop it after 9hrs because I needed my Surface but it had power for at least 3-4 more hours. So that was a pretty good result. Don´t know what´s going on with the battery when I normally use my S2.

ctitanic

Happened to me yesterday. In my case the Task Scheduler failed and got stuck in memory trying to run a maintenance task.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You can look in the Application Event Log or Reliability Monitor for Warnings or Errors...