What's new

Discount Scheme for Early Adopters?

freetail

I was one of the first to buy a Surface RT. Then traded up to the Surface Pro 2 on launch. Any chance Microsoft might reward early adopters of their Surface range with a discount for Surface Pro 3 on this basis?

I also use Windows Phone 8.1. Surely there could be some kind of discount for folks like me - priced at the point that it will inevitably be reduced to in 3-6 months' time would be great. They're not cheap and with the current rate of releases, not sure I can honestly justify upgrading every 6-12 months without some kind of added incentive (not just a greater machine).

Thoughts / ideas / love????

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I was one of the first to buy a Surface RT. Then traded up to the Surface Pro 2 on launch. Any chance Microsoft might reward early adopters of their Surface range with a discount for Surface Pro 3 on this basis?

I also use Windows Phone 8.1. Surely there could be some kind of discount for folks like me - priced at the point that it will inevitably be reduced to in 3-6 months' time would be great. They're not cheap and with the current rate of releases, not sure I can honestly justify upgrading every 6-12 months without some kind of added incentive (not just a greater machine).

Thoughts / ideas / love????

No discounts....I've owned the RT, Surface 2 and Pro 2 and I'm upgrading to the SP3. All of the Pre-Orders received 10% Off, there are Student Discounts as well....

I'm sending my S2 and SP2 to Gazelle and getting around $850 for the pair, I figure I got at least $700 of value using the SP2 since October and well over the $350 for the S2, so I'm good. Oh and I also paid full price for my Nokia Lumia 1520 :)

If you want the latest greatest, it will cost you....

jedge

Everyone that attended the SP3 unveiling got a free one... so you just have to figure out how to get invited to those types of events. ;)
How hard can it be to found and CEO a Fortune 500 tech company?... or start and be Chief Editor of your own acclaimed web publication that reviews dozens of new tech products every month. Easy.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone that attended the SP3 unveiling got a free one... so you just have to figure out how to get invited to those types of events. ;)
How hard can it be to found and CEO a Fortune 500 tech company?... or start and be Chief Editor of your own acclaimed web publication that reviews dozens of new tech products every month. Easy.

There were 200 Tech Journalists and Analysts who received Review Units that were to be returned. Microsoft does give VIPs and other friendlies machines usually those who they are running Case Studies or Marketing Campaigns.