What's new

Disk Activity Light?

HarnessTech

For years now and owning various smartphones, tablets and now the wonderful Surface Pro 3, one ongoing irritation has been the lack of a disk activity light. I've gotten used to the ability to ensure something is truly happening by looking at the physical drive light attached to most PCs. It's not as much of an issue with the SP3 since it is so fast, but still something I'd like to have (maybe it's the old-school in me).

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of a (good) disk activity utility that would (most likely) be placed in the Windows Taskbar (I might be open to alternate placement, but the taskbar seems most appropriate).

Thank you!

malberttoo

For years now and owning various smartphones, tablets and now the wonderful Surface Pro 3, one ongoing irritation has been the lack of a disk activity light. I've gotten used to the ability to ensure something is truly happening by looking at the physical drive light attached to most PCs. It's not as much of an issue with the SP3 since it is so fast, but still something I'd like to have (maybe it's the old-school in me).

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of a (good) disk activity utility that would (most likely) be placed in the Windows Taskbar (I might be open to alternate placement, but the taskbar seems most appropriate).

Thank you!

Check out DriveGLEAM. I used it for years on my Dell Mini 9, it hit the spot!