What's new

display changes tone while scrolling in edge

My sp4 I-5 seems to have a very small change in tone, maybe a slight reddish tone... its very subtle and you have to look closely for it. What's weird is I have not seen it in programs like OneNote with the white back ground or file explorer. Guess it may be a driver issue but not sure yet.

leeshor

There have been dozens of posts about strange colors or changing colors in Edge. My suggestion, use something else until the reports stop. I personally think at this time that Edge is pretty much useless. For me it's simply sluggish for starters.

OP
C

callihan_44

There have been dozens of posts about strange colors or changing colors in Edge. My suggestion, use something else until the reports stop. I personally think at this time that Edge is pretty much useless. For me it's simply sluggish for starters.
yeah I suppose it is a setback from internet explorer, idk why they tried to make it look like safari. Guess I will try chrome again though I'm not a fan of it.

Philtastic

It seems to happen mostly whenever there is a video on screen (such as from an ad or on Facebook). Everything takes on a greenish tone.

EMINENT

Here is a page about the newest release of Windows 10 and Edge improvements. Doesn't say anything about quashing bugs but it's much newer if you are stock.
New beta build of Windows 10 enhances Microsoft Edge

I'm on the newest build 10576. Not fixed. Still does it on video only sites.

It's a shame it's not ready yet and they pushed back extensions. Until this happens, Edge will be just another IE for now. The browser no one wants to use.

Philtastic

What's interesting is that this didn't happen on my SP2 on Win10 and Edge. Coincidentally, I've had the Intel Windows 8 display driver (that's what the notification literally says) crash and recover a number of times in the past week. If I had to guess, I'd say that the Intel drivers just aren't completely ready for the SP4 which is what's causing the colour oddities and crashing.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It appears to be caused by the Video Driver, updating to the latest from Intel's download site fixes it but it may impact battery life....

TheCudder

It's the Intel HD 520 GPU drivers --- no real fix yet to fix all of the bugs, but many have reported having success resolving this one issue by downloading the latest drivers from Intel (10/26/2015). Although you will you will have to download the zip file, extract and manually install the driver from the Device Manager, as the EXE will report that the drivers are not validated for the computer.