What's new

Display Driver Crashing

bsnguy

I have Adblock, also, but it still crashes. Try this, if you'd like:

- Go to Amazon.com and create a wish list with at least one item in it.
- Display that list and click on the "Share this list" link in the upper right of the list.
- Type in an email address and edit the message to be sent. (Do not send this, but just keep typing for a few seconds.)

When I do that, it will always crash within seconds. I am running Firefox.

macster

- Display that list and click on the "Share this list" link in the upper right of the list.
- Type in an email address and edit the message to be sent. (Do not send this, but just keep typing for a few seconds.)

It didn't happen here. I'm using version 41.0.2 and Firefox just updated to version 42.0. Just to be clear I'm using AdBlock lite.

M~

bsnguy

Thanks for trying! Do you use an external monitor? I do (always) so maybe that's it. But it is still failing for me, every time. Odd. Good news is that if I install an update, I have a way to see if it "fixes" this.

bsnguy

There are additional updates coming soon... probably next week....

Just installed update KB3105213 that posted, today. No update to the video driver (and the driver reset while viewing this message, actually!).

I've seen that Thursday is the "big" update. So maybe that's true and maybe it's fixed in there. Hoping...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just installed update KB3105213 that posted, today. No update to the video driver (and the driver reset while viewing this message, actually!).

I've seen that Thursday is the "big" update. So maybe that's true and maybe it's fixed in there. Hoping...
Funny, I got a double crash back to back viewing this page. Not to be left out I'm having a heck of a time with the Windows updates for my Surface 3 on W8.1 and it got a display driver crash also while it's trying to update. :(

must be something on this page, I switched to the other SP4 to finish this and bang, DD crash. This one was Reset this morning and has latest updates applied.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member

I'm running TH2 and all of the updates today have eliminated the Display Driver crashes.

bsnguy

I'm running TH2 and all of the updates today have eliminated the Display Driver crashes.

Can you tell us the video driver version you have, now? I can't even use this site from my sp4 due to blue screens, now. I'm doing this from my phone!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Can you tell us the video driver version you have, now? I can't even use this site from my sp4 due to blue screens, now. I'm doing this from my phone!
20.19.15.4308 is the driver that is installed came as a hardware update today, same driver number as the last but possibly with tweaked settings.

bsnguy

20.19.15.4308 is the driver that is installed came as a hardware update today, same driver number as the last but possibly with tweaked settings.

Same, here. Today's patches did nothing for me. Lots of display driver crashes and, new today, blue screens. I doubt anything changed in the driver else it would have a new version and date.

Maybe later this week, if rumors are, there will be another, more major, update.

EMINENT

Not using an external, but I am able to do that without problems and I typed out an entire paragraph in the message area trying to get it to pop up.

No driver crashes so far after 11/10 update.

bsnguy

I guess I'm confused by what I'm reading. The 11/10 update (KB3105213) did not include any obvious display driver-related items. My display driver is the same version (20.19.15.4308) and date (10/27/2015) as it was before the update. And since the update, things are no better for me and, in some cases, worse in that I'm seeing VIDEO_SCHEDULE_INTERNAL_ERROR blue screens, now, which I never saw, before.

I'm not saying the update caused new issues or that it didn't improve things for some people, but I don't see that this update updated the display driver nor do I see it changing things for the better in my case. So I don't think it's "the fix" that everybody has been waiting for.

I heard, on a Microsoft site, that there would be a "larger update" on Thursday this week that would be more than "just typical fixes." Not sure what that means nor do I know if it will really happen. Just reporting the news. I'll try to find a link to that statement, but don't have it handy. Maybe tomorrow will tell if there is any point believing such rumors in any event.

(I wrote this using Edge. When I was here, yesterday, with Firefox, I got blue screens three times and had to stop coming to this site with it. Not sure I'll go back to that until I get another update that seems to deal with the display driver or related items.)